Keches Law Group’s injury lawyers are proud to announce the fourth annual scholarship award program. This year we will award two $1,500 scholarships: one to a candidate pursuing an undergraduate or graduate college degree and one to a candidate entering trade school. We strongly believe a good education is a factor of future success and know financial hurdles prevent many from pursuing their dreams.
Scholarship Essay Prompt
As we eclipse the two-year mark of the Coronavirus pandemic, many Americans realized they were not emotionally and/or financially prepared to endure a pandemic. Millions of workers unemployed either by choice or due to circumstances beyond their control were forced to rethink their path in life. Many people have had moments of reflection and have reinvented themselves personally and professionally. In 500 words or less, explain the single most important thing you learned about yourself, either personally or professionally, while on your own journey through this pandemic.
Thank you for sharing your story with us – we look forward to reading it. We wish all applicants the best of luck.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be accepted to, or currently enrolled in, an accredited college, university, graduate, or trade school program within the United States
- Demonstrate good character and high initiative
- Employees of Keches Law Group and their immediate family members are not eligible
- Any applicable federal, state and local taxes on the scholarship will be the recipient’s sole responsibility
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- A typed essay of 300-500 words
- A brief personal statement as to how this scholarship would help further your education
- A copy of your acceptance letter or proof of enrollment
- A signature of a parent/guardian if you are under the age of 18
- The review committee will read each entry and vote on the one they think is best. Aside from meeting our requirements, this is an equal opportunity scholarship and will be awarded without regard to any personal affiliations, race, religious beliefs, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
- Your essay should be unique as it will be checked against public sources. Keches Law Group reserves the right to publish all essays.
- Please, no phone calls. Direct all questions via email using the contact us link.
- The application and supporting material must be received by June 30th, 2022.
- The scholarship winner will be notified by email prior to July 30th, 2022.
- Submissions are due in
Keches Law Group will offer two $1,500 awards annually, non-renewable. The first scholarship will be awarded to a candidate pursuing an undergraduate or graduate college degree. The second scholarship will be awarded to a candidate entering trade school. Applicants are only eligible to win one scholarship from us per calendar year. Sean C. Flaherty, Keches Law Group Managing Partner and workers’ compensation lawyer, will present the recipient with a check written out to their school the summer before their enrollment. Scholarship recipients may use the granted funding for tuition/fees, books, and supplies. Scholarship recipients must submit any receipts to remain in compliance with the IRS.