Attorney Abraham joined Keches Law Group in 2018 and concentrates his practice on the representation of seriously injured clients with a particular emphasis on brain damage, tractor-trailer crashes, construction site incidents, and products liability. Attorney Abraham has obtained numerous seven-figure verdicts that are often one of the largest in the state for a particular year.
As Attorney Abraham has built his reputation in the legal community, attorneys across the state and country have retained Attorney Abraham to consultation cases involving: brain injury, product liability, construction site accidents, and tractor-trailer accidents.
Attorney Abraham has lectured nationally at the American Association for justice as well as the North American Brain Injury Society on issues related to brain damage. He is also a featured speaker locally on issues related to trial strategy and jury research. He has published articles on representing brain injured clients and was the first attorney in the state to have diffusion Tensor Imaging, a revolutionary technology that can diagnose the axonal shearing (aka white matter damage) associated with traumatic brain injury, admitted in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Named a Super Lawyer® for Six Consecutive Years
The legal community recognized Attorney Abraham’s skill and dedication early in his career. Attorney Abraham was named one of the five “Up-and-ComingLawyers” in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly in 1999. In their May 2005 issue, Boston Magazine andSuper Lawyers® Magazine named attorney Abraham one of their Rising Stars. Since then, he has been named as a Super Lawyer® in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Attorney Abraham is active in local and national trial lawyer’s bar associations. In July 2011, Attorney Abraham became the President of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorney’s (MATA), the bar association that protects the rights of injured consumers. At the time, he was the youngest person to attain this position in the Academy history. Attorney Abraham also served as chair of MATA’s education committee, creating and moderating programs that educate consumer attorneys. Attorney Abraham is also a member of the American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA).
Member of the Executive Committee for AAJ Traumatic Brain Injury Group
Attorney Abraham is a member of the Massachusetts Brain Injury Association as well as the North American Brain Injury Society, and the Sara JaneBrain Foundation. He regularly participates in the American Association for Justice’s Product Liability, Tractor Trailer Crash, and traumatic brain Injury Litigation groups. He was recently elected as elected as parliamentarian of the Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group for the American Association for Justice.
Attorney Abraham graduated from Deerfield Academy (1988), then attended Bates College (B.A. 1992). Attorney Abraham graduated cum laude from Suffolk University Law School in 1995 and was admitted to the bar in December 1995. After graduation, Attorney Abraham practiced at Rainer & Rainer where he became the Senior Trial Counsel and then worked for the Sheff Law Offices. In 2004, Attorney Abraham co-founded Baker & Abraham, P.C. and then started Abraham & Associates, P.C. in August 2013. All of Attorney Abraham’s practice has been in personal injury with extensive experience in the representation of clients with all forms of traumatic brain injuries, products liability, construction incidents, and tractor-trailer crashes.
Deerfield Academy (1988)
Bates College (B.A. 1992)
Suffolk University Law School (Cum laude 1995)
Past Employment Positions
- Rainer & Rainer as Senior Trial Counsel
- Sheff Law Offices
- Co-Founded Baker & Abraham, P.C., 2004
- Founded Abraham & Associates, P.C., 2013
Previous Speaking Engagements
|March 29, 2017||New Orleans||Defense Attacks on NeuroQuant and Diffusion Tensor Imaging||North American Brain Injury Society Annual Conference on Legal Issues in Brain Injury|
|April 28, 2017||New Jersey||Using Tractor Trailer Maintenance to Maximize Case Value||New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Conference|
|April 29, 2017||New Jersey||Use of Lay Witness Testimony in Traumatic Brain Injury Cases||New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Conference|
|May 5, 2017||Ohio||Tractor Trailer Maintenance||Ohio Justice Association Annual Trucking Seminar|
|May 16, 2017||Boston, MA||Using Morality to Motivate Juries||Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys|
|November 7, 2017||Boston, MA||Massachusetts Bar Association||Demonstrating Effective Voir Dire Techniques, Norfolk County Courthouse, Dedham, MA|
May 5, 2008-Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
Practice Tips for Beginners
March 11, 2010-Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Boston, MA
Use of the Reptile in Opening Statements
September 17, 2011-North American Brain Injury Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
Admissibility of Advanced Neuroimaging
February 11, 2012-American Association For Justice, Scottsdale, AZ
Admissibility of Diffusion Tensor Imaging
September 14, 2012- North American Brain Injury Association Annual Conference, Miami, FL.
Admissibility of Advanced Neuroimaging
January 17, 2013- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Boston, MA
Use of Focus Groups to Present your case
February 7, 2013- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Boston, MA
Maximizing Attorney Conducted Voir Dire
March 21, 2014-North American Brain Injury Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA
Defeating the Attacks on Diffusion Tensor Imaging-Debunking Dr. Wintermark’s White Paper
November 8, 2014-American Association for Justice-Trucking Litigation Members Only Seminar, Jacksonville, FL
Tractor Trailer Maintenance
June 5, 2015-Kentucky Association For Justice-Trucking with the Stars, Louisville, KY
Looking Under the Hood-Tractor Trailer Maintenance
September 17, 2015 – Ohio Association for Justice , Columbus, OH
Tractor Trailer Maintenance
November 20, 2015 – Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Seminar
April 3, 2016-360 Advocacy, Las Vegas, NV
May 5, 2016-Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE)-Personal Injury Seminar, Boston, MA
“Focus Groups, Panel Voir Dire and Asking for Damages”
May 12, 2016-Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys Annual Convention, Boston, MA
Brain Injury Basics
May 12, 2016- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys Annual Convention, Boston, MA
Panel Voir Dire Strategies
July 22, 2016 – American Association for Justice Annual Convention Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group – Los Angele, CA
“Defeating the Fantasy Science on Brain Imaging”
July 23, 2016 – American Association for Justice Annual Convention Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group-Members Only – Los Angele, CA
“Report of Findings of the National Focus Group Project Concerning Traumatic Brain Injury”
July 23, 2016 – American Association for Justice Annual Convention Trucking Injury Litigation Group – Los Angeles, CA
“Tractor Trailer Maintenance”
What attendees have said about Andrew Abraham’s speaking engagements:
- “Spectacular lecture. Lots of great, great material. One the most helpful lectures I have been to in a long time.”
- “I learned a lot about the depth of concussion-based injuries and secondary impacts.”
- “Andrew Abraham’s presentation was very useful to me.”
- “Mr. Abraham had lots of concrete information that will be of use to my practice.”
- “Andrew Abraham’s presentation was exceptional and provided solid, practical tips and suggestions that can be used in the difficult traumatic brain injury cases we handle.”
- “The feedback has been great and attendees really enjoyed your presentation.”
- “Our next speaker is Andrew Abraham. You guys can probably tell by what he interjected that he is incredibly superior attorney particularly in the field of neuroimaging. If you ever have a question about neuroimaging get him on the phone, and by the way, he will answer. He will respond. We have a group of lawyers that I call are cabal. Which is supposed to be a rapid response team. They are now more afraid of neuroimaging than any other area of science. It used to be neuropsychology, now it’s neuroimaging. So they are creating what I call “fantasy science” all the time. And he’s on top of it. In addition, this year the traumatic brain injury litigation group – we did a nationwide multi-city study of the public’s attitude towards sports injuries and TBI, CTE, etc. And he took of his own time, and his own expenses, to go to the majority of those cities to make sure that things were being done in such a way that we would get the most information possible. I’ve never seen somebody give so much as Andrew did this last year, so our next speaker, Andrew Abraham – superior lawyer – he knows the science.”