Keches Law Group (KLG) aims to foster diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The firm does not tolerate any forms of discrimination. KLG welcomes clients of all races, religions, national origins, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, disability statuses, and socio-economic classes. KLG zealously advocates for underrepresented communities with fluent Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole translators in house to accommodate and effectively communicate with our diverse clientele.
As a committee, we strive to promote awareness and educate others on the importance of having a diverse, but also inclusive workplace. Internally, we provide trainings and host events for our staff members. Externally, we serve as ambassadors by engaging in community outreach programs. KLG also has a strong focus on recruiting diverse candidates who can best serve our various client communities through several hiring initiatives including our new Summer Associate Program. Stay tuned for updates and potential opportunities!
Our KLG diversity and inclusion committee members are: Alecia Ouellette (Committee Chair), Lisa Conserve (Committee Vice Chair), Caroline Dixon, Julie Jyang, Kimberly McGowan, Ronald Paul and Vanessa Vargas.
Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting Summaries
On September 19, 2022, the Diversity and Inclusion Committee met to plan a Thanksgiving multi-cultural event for the firm. The agenda for this meeting also included brainstorming for additional firmwide and community outreach events.
- The Committee finalized plans for the firm wide Thanksgiving event (Firmsgiving) celebrating diversity and inclusion re: introduction of the committee, ordering food from minority owned businesses, and planning interactive and informative activities for event guests.
- Discussed co-hosting firm events in the future like the toy/clothing drive.
- The Committee debriefed the 1st Annual Firmsgiving Event and shared positive feedback received by attendees.
- Discussed potential events internally and externally in 2023.
- Discussed retaining a certified diversity and inclusion trainer for committee members.
- Considered potentially adding new member(s) to the committee.
- Plan to draft and circulate official D&I Committee by-laws.